Myra is ME

Sunday, April 03, 2005


Tokay sleepin on a rock Posted by Hello

I remembered the last trip to Tioman.. I kept singin' that Cicak song and it drived the clique up the wall! Haha, I recalled Ridz singin to it unconsciously. The tune is eerie at some point of time which intensified the suspense. Cicak, house lizards can be cool, cause they eat housefiles, cockaroaches (babies) and whatever worm or weevil your mom might accidentaly keep as pets. However, if those cicaks really wanna be 'part of the family', you've got to draw a line..... I wouldn want cicak falling on your bear skin, while you are bathing.
But I wanna tell you more bout another breed of lizards. The Tokay or Gecko. The only lizards on earth who have voices. Its usually found in Southeast asia as it thrives on marshlands, dry and hot weather. The whole reunion of of Tokays, would chill on bushes, trees and huge rocks but in Dili, the geckos find homes as their personal hang-out place. They invited themselves for a cozy reunion with the YEP mates.
I was singin with some of my Dili friends and Mas Yono, the dude who was highly popular wit the Dili girls... So there was Noe the guitarist and other gungho guys smoking outside our our dorm. Then I heard something really scary. It sounded like a baby making alot of noise. I shrieked, paranoia gets the better of me cause nobody else heard much, or they pretended not to hear anythin. They spoke in Tatun and they were smiling and I instinctively knew, they knew what I heard!! It was the one and the only, "Tokay Tokay" One of the dudes shone the light to the ceiling and there was this beauty............
Colourfully dull with bright, headlights on her head.
It scared the wits out of me and instantaneously I ran for my dear life into the dorm. The dudes were merely watchin... and laughin. The Tokay was at least 1 feet long, like a genetically modified house lizard. Its movements were swift despite its sheer size! She was a beauty. I called the rest of my buds to see the huge lizard as she tried to avoid the paparazzi. She was a star.. Most of us couldnt sleep that night. Mostly in fear of the Tokay Tokay. We imagined it would fall from the ceiling and squash on us, before scrambling all over our body, trying to run away. I an the other hand was mesmerized by its beauty. Haha, a pet Gecko would make my day.

Myra Abd Kadir~ at 10:36

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com