Myra is ME

Friday, June 03, 2005

Estacy At Work

Today I breathed in scents of serenity. Whoa, I didnt need aromatherapy for that mornin.. it all came naturally.

Phone beeped signalling an sms.

"must be Jincheng", i thought.

Nice fella who is all so polite, but in a street way. He cracks jokes that never fails to tickle Maureen. And he reads my mind and sometimes my manouverings words. Those words needed to shield my self-esteem. Street fella who is calm and smart in his own quiet way. I cant say the same for the volume of his voice really....

I enjoy mornings especially when the anxiety of busy, stressful cum challenging internship is NOT clouding my mind on a lovely work day.... Yea.... Its NOT. Weeeeeee! I gotto to thank Jincheng for that really.

"waiting at the train, the benches", so the sms was from Ryan.. Thoughtful dude, did I tell you he is sincere and ethical too?? I was thinking, he is a good catch for a sweet chinese girl who is as petite as him. Nice fella.

I was carrying my breakfast made by Mom, gave by Lord. Thank YOU God!! ( i was waiting for my mom to make me a nice breakfast for ions) In the bag there was also Marigold milk, chocolate. Nowadays I like a good diet. It doesnt pay to die from ailments which could be prevented, really...

So I savour every moment of private time I had to myself.. Whoa... beautiful... I imagined how my office would be like with only Maureen, Chatali, Nesh, Jincheng and the Helpdesk fellas. Thats darn scenic.
No incense smells.
No interruptions for meetings at 9am, amidst checking emails.
No silly sales pitch for e two absurd whimsical P.M.
And best of all, no.... BOSS... ahhh, I was simply estatic!

Long well-deserved lunch with Jincheng in the Accounts room, BK meal. Maureen was already planning to eat at China Square the next day. I second that suggestion. I cant forget the Milo Dino I had from Mister Teh Tarik, when Man and me chilled there for an 'illegal' 1.5hours lunch break.

I sat down all proud to have finished 79 calls today. Phew! Although its to no positive outcome, as we did not have sufficient people down for the HP seminar, but who cares anyway... Whats good is that the cat is out and the mice run out to play.

I understand its not suppose to be this way. Its agaisnt my principle to hate the Boss and avoid him but ..... Trust me, with all objectivity, that if you were one of the interns at our place, you will support me on this. 20-2 interns here will testify to that.

One good lesson we brought home was, no matter what a nightmare it was to a few of us, we learnt alot bout life and how we will spend it.
Money is not always a primary motivating factor for sensible humans. AND
Ethics and Social Responsibilty is not merely a course you need to clear your modules....Remember that and you will be thankful to me, in future.

Lastly, I wanna say I love you Dad and I am so glad you have found a job you really like. I love you so much.

Myra Abd Kadir~ at 00:29

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com