Friday, July 29, 2005
so I am 22? U sure? Nooooo
"Diamonds are forever", I exclaimed, grinning at my prize, cleaning it dry.
"...diamonds are forever and so are you... Mr Scar", and yes, that wound of mine was what I have been cleaning, dry...My
prize, yet another addition to my museum of scars.
( I am exaggerating)
It has been a wonderful birthday ;) Each time the day comes, I passively absorb the things that go around me. Burst of magic showered me today, yet another day I sense love and care, that I have been missing for the rest of the year.
(its actually the bg sound from my transistor radio thats making me a lil sappy)
Let me summaries the events:
- Last night, I returned home after a dinner with Jean Francois, Mr Foreigner, at Little India and he was a joy to be with. And yes, he is the Pilot on board Flight 101 to Montreal. We went touring in the world of Religion and Politics. Mr Jean Francois, you are both a good pilot and a sweet companion. I dont wanna think of the September.
- Right after sumptuous Masala meal, with explosive Paani Puri, I scurried to Sengkang, Rivervale Mall. Wil, Ryan and me had a dinner orgy at the sushi bar, Sakae Sushi. I had a lovely chat with my Sengkang brothers. Wil encourage me to go for diving, he is even willing to lend me his diving equippment! As forJincheng a.k.a Ryan, he volunteered to search for a new phone for me. Cause each time he calls my Panasonic X66, he could only hear me wailing,"eloo, EElllooo?" Will replayed his most popular song called; Missing Myra at FACT Software. I miss you too, William. Haha. I do I do..
- I sauntered home, untying my hair. It makes me feel gloriously beautiful whenever my scrunchy loosens its grip and my hair drapes like a curtain, resting on my shoulders. I smelled my hair. Finally I managed to shampoo my hair. (after 2 days!) I then recalled the number of hair- stylists saying things bout my hair. They always shook their head in either disappointment ( cause they need to spend more time trimming my hair) or in amazement (cause my hair is not only thick but voluminous!!) One hair-dresser called my hair 'grass' and another said, in his thick chinese accent,' Its ok if you are loosing hair what, you still got alot la. no point worrying' At that same time I was thinking whether I should spill my cup of hot tea on his pants.
- I reached my room which happens to be the store room and saw a large bag. I knew there was something for my birthday. I sqealed in delight. I do that almost always whenever I get home, even without apparent reason. Kaisah thinks I got crazier after workinf at Exxon. I knew the gift was from Mom, the teddy-bear wrapper was her trademark. I ran into their room and said," Thanks Mom, Thanks Dad. I saw your gift in the store" Mom said, " you are welcome, my daughter is 22 soon. I will always love her" I just love it when she adderesses me as the third person. My dad echoed. He is never good with words and whenever he tried I would burst out laughing. He would sulk awhile ( and he would look ridiculous) and I will smile at him to make him feel better. My Most Beautiful Smile.
- I waited for 12am to open my present but Missy Kaisah burst my bubble. Hey silly, you were not born at 12 am sharp! Oh Gosh she is right! ( she wasnt suppose to be that smart, hehe, just joking!) So i planned to wake up at 5am so I can open with gift with mom and Dad.
- Morning came and it was 7am. Mom is obviously at work already and Dad, lovely father, did my packed lunch for work. I knew it was his way of saying Happy Birthday. He twitched my right foot while I was still in bed and said in Malay," Myra, Happy Birthday eh" I giggled in my semi-conscious state and replied in Malay," thank you, dad"
- I scurried to work as always, late..... and everything stopped. everything.... and guess what....my black boots betrayed me. i slipped and fell on the pavement. And yes, right infront of the kindergarten, right infront of the nosy mothers and right infront of the buzzing Philipinos. This is just great, its my birthday and God gave me a permanent mark of love. A wound. Great. Somehow I always blame misfortune on the All-Mighty. Pretty screwed logic, huh?
- Regained my balance and limped to work. I was professional enought to still waddle like a model. Sashay, sashay. But I gave up controlling the pain and continued limping..Haha. Reached the office and the familiar smell of Nasi Lemak hits my senses. Too bad, the wound is beginning to sting bad. I could see blood on my pants. I couldnt even say a proper 'Hi' to Jean Francois. Bet he wondered whats wrong with me. I was hidding my contorted grimace on my face. Like a poor lonely soul I mend my wounds (literally and metaphorically) with gauze I found in the first aid kit I hate scars... I have too many of them....
- After work, I went out with Ming and Ee Wah to Ikea. Met Trace and we went shopping. Girls Time Out ;) Trace and J.T got me a world map for my birthday. Haha. I love it. My dreams of exploring the world is materialising!! I am gonna hang it in my store room. Yes, I live in a store room.
- Got home. Apparently they locked the dooooooor! I hate that, but I had a feeling I know what is about to happen!! Haha! Let me tell you what happened the last time, exactly last year.
- My sis told me to come home quick. So I did, cause my family usually have family emergencies now and then. So when I came home, mom said Uncle THomas bought me a gift and its in my store room. So dats what the fuss is all about. Opened the door and guess what I saw?? A bunch of 21 year olds packed like sardines, each armed with a plastic cup pf water. My head caliberated," something is not right" I realised it was an ambush! I shouted," MUMMMMMMYYYY" Too late, i was sprayed with water by my high school friends. My mom mastermined this wretched event! It was a darn wicked party, cake fight, water parade, food feast. You name it.....! Thank God this year was more conventional!
- A cake waited patiently on the table with my family around it. 2 Huge candles and 2 small ones. Gifts all nicely tucked in pretty wrappers and off course thepresent I was suppose to open 12 am in the morning today. Mom and Dad got me a pink jacket, sis bought me something i really needed. Missy Kaisah got me a pretty pair of white sling-backs and Arif got me a chocolate bar. It was from the bottom of his heart!! (he kept saying that, cause he wants a piece of it) Its special cause a don think a 9-year old can afford dat ;) when he spends a bomb on play cards and stuff.
It was all worth the fun. All of it. Its worth living till this age, when you have people loving you. I told Claud my birthday wish was to get attached to someone, like David Blaine. I got my wish.
Everything was pure Magic today.
Myra Abd Kadir~ at 00:22