Sunday, August 28, 2005
Whizz-ard of Oz
Philosophy of Wizard of Oz.One night, I lamented the fact that I had all days packed. I reminisced the days I would laze by the beach with Lina, talking bout boys, being poor, having big dreams, bike and our loser- like state. I slumped in my red satin seat, waiting for the appearance of my lovely bud, Charles... The Lion! The schizo one, brilliantly portrayed, 2-thumbs up, buddy.
(Charles if you ever read this, I wanna tell you thanks for singing me Josh Groban. If i get married, you will be hired as my wedding singer, I promise. )
The stage is set. Lights went dim, very slowly. I was certainly in the mood ;)
I never did expect alot, the biasness you would expect of sceptic Myra. From the sounds of it, it was one good collaboration with a welfare org and CHIJ. What struck a cord was the fact that almost all the characters exute a side of me. Self-conceited Myra? HEheh. Throughout the play, I digested and nibbled every emotions, physical movement, not that every movement was cleverly intended. There were amatuers, a few of them.
A brain for MyraA heart for MyraCourage for MyraIn the end, I should have them all. I Should.. righhhhht? hahaha.
Charles, like what he had always been, a blessing. His character got to live faster, better than the rest, objectively speaking. Yes, he knows himself, he works best with children. He is one confident fellow who pushes people to their asethetic limit. Another good thing coming, he will be married very very soon. My Charles, all grown up and becoming a married man and all... I wonder I can ever be a bridesmaid? Hehe, that'll be fun.
My dosage of Times, this whole bloody week. Its frown at by my Canadian
cousin, he devours The Economist. More insightful he said, and less biased. As you would know the Americans are.. dot.. dot..dot.
I am more unforgiving of the American administration; they
kepoh-nism ( for the benefit of my non Singaporeans friends, that means
' busybody') Their holier than thou mindset sets them apart from the rest, particulary in times of trouble. Post Iraq is not well coordinated to much disappointment. They do have some lame Admin pettiness with regards to Rove and the undercover CIA expose. And the past continues to haunt them.. borrow borrow borrow. Still making noise after China unpegged.
Something closer to heart.... NO PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS!! And do you know you cant be a President if you are a sportsman? Hehehe.. I am abit sore still. I cant have my rights checked when it comes to voting for my country's leader. Cmon people please train your children to become the President of Singapore. Talk politics to your friends, talk talk talk. We don wanna be apathetic when it comes to politics, do you. AND I know you want Singapore to enjoy more democracy. As for me, I am still waiting for a Malay President since 1959!!
Latha, my ex-colleague from StarHub, caught up with me via MSN. What better way to stay connected, Babe... She is one gorgeous mix. Perfect set of chinese teeth, sweet-looking face which lights up when she stares with her Indian eyes. She speaks street with me and thank God, I didnt turn out to be a
Minah ( a product of decadence in the Malay society) I miss her la, we use to bitch crazily about life, any tomie, dickie and harrie gets an evil, post 'eye-stare' comment. We dig into knowing all things bout our solo, single life. She has a never ending spirit to live despite the harsh reality. A lil jaded for now i guess but a lil more push and she will be tip-top back again. I should be able to afford tea-time next week.
I am running out of steam when i glanced into my diary, a whole of next week already scheduled!
Monday: Work + Frat ( constitution)
Tuesday: Work + Arabic
Wednesday: Work + Movie: The Maid
Thurday: Work + Frat (weekly meeting)
Friday: Leave + Airport + Band
Saturday: Jog + Claudine + LBKM + Play with Wayne + Out with Heru
Sunday: freeeeeee, Yessssa!
I have to say goodbye to JF this friday and I have a scary feeling about it. Goodbyes are always so hard. I don wanna say I will miss you, JF, so I will see you again?
Dear Fuzz; I miss your craziness, you wanna go Rendevous Bash? we can both skip Band ;)
Dear Khairun; I miss your mirth, smile for me please.
Dear Mom and Dad; We will afford everything, someday.
Myra Abd Kadir~ at 16:50