Monday, November 07, 2005
Boy In the Lift
It all began with a twist of fate....
So I was back from ACF internal voting, and sat down in the LRT towards Kangkar Station thinking about my flawless predictions of the new 2nd ACF Exco, all smiley and confident that ACF will be better than before... Thinking nothing in this day would be any wrong...
Walking at 12am in the morning isn't my favourite hobby but years in band thought me well. I brished walked from the LRT station back home, so well that I appeared skipping with delight cause a day went superbly well! And I noticed there was an Indian boy, treading my path, its perfectly normal... when I was that age, I chilled till 3 am. And yes, its probably some neighbour's kid... besides I don know my neighbours well ;) I continued walking home, towards my block towards my lift and surprisingly the dude caught up. I was amazed, hahah, cause no one can actually bothered walking that fast, honestly speaking.. Really, it was a pleasant peaceful night. Oh well, I thought, must be my indian neighbour's son. Nonchalently, I stepped into the lift without pressing my floor button. I knew this was the best thing to do, to test whether this dude is indeed my neighbour's son... He pressed '11' and I was surprised... hmmm, I told myself, I didnt know we had an indian neighbour on 11, well thats great, new neighbour. And if he were a stalker he would get off before me!! If he were a robber I could shout for my 10th floor neighbour, my family friend, the Indian Delivery Man ;)
He looked at me twice as the lift elevated. I didnt look at him but from the corners of my genial eyes, I notice things like that. Below is the conversation we had, bear in mind it takes less than 30 sec to get to the 11 floor and 33 sec to get to my floor 13. In parenthesis are my internal musings.
Dude: Hey whats the time?(gasping after tryin to catch up with my walking pace from e LRT Station)
mYra: I don have a watch (ahh gotcha, a typical pick-up line!!)Dude: er er.... ok i don know the time..mYra:(well its late already, you should know ey?)
think its 12:07am(mYra choking with banalitites)
Dude: U think I can talk with you dowstairs? 5-10 mins? I just wanna know you. I find you quite cute.mYra: hmmm thats hard... ( What do you mean quite CUTE, Mister, you cant any girls with this pick up line.... Learn more okie)we already reach the 11 floor.mYra: This is your stop (myra smiles)
Dude: Er can I just know you? We can go downstairs and talk for 15 mins? I find you quite cute.
mYra: (oh no, I don like this everytime it comes, this dude is as old as my 15 year old bro, Sadiq)
Well why not you leave your number with me and I will call you.( TIP: guys, when a girl say that, she means,'Slim chance, but when i am free, i can try calling)
Dude: I don have a handphone, see, I am not carrying one.
Do you have someone else?mYra: No ( not carrying hp, wow, savvy guy ey? wahhahah. Its good that he he not carrying one cause that obliterated my suspicions of him being a kidnapper, robber or a gang rapist)
Dude: Then lets try to know one another? How many ex-s you have?mYra: (what kind of an adolescent qn is that, wahahaha)
none ( I lied... so that i will look freakish or even lesbian. This is fun!)
Dude: ok, but lets chat ok ;) lets go downstairsmYra: (this guy is either lame or just need someone for the night)
Hmm, I cant tonight, I am working.Dude: But I just need 5 mins.mYra: Well where do you stay?Dude: RumbiamYra: (well if tis dude is telling the truth, he went through alot to get here when he is staying quite far off, I am flattered ;) )
Hmmm, well I am around but I cant do tonight, I am sorry.i closed the door to Floor 11 and went up to 13.Dude: But please, I really want to know you.mYra: ( persistent is good cause its flattering, but give a thought to a sweet Malay girl who wants to be sleeping at home with her family. Its 12 freaking am in the morning and I need to send an email to my exco on the new office bearers!!)
Well, I am sorry, next time alright. See you around.mYra stepped out of the lift and he was still saying things from the lift which I had to ignore so that my family wont have to listen to this rather funny but enlightenting encounter.
Dude: So this is where you stay?mYra: (Darn, shit, I should have pressed 12 floor!! Now he knows where I stay... oh bother... I must bring Swiss Army knife to work tomorrow)
Yea, so good night.There other things we said but I couldnt recall where in the conversation it was at. But he is 18 yrs old. He was wearing a red sports jersey and knee length pants (in case you guys find me missing, you will know what the suspect looks like, hahaha)It was all wrong. Guy is too young and immature to make a good liner to entice ladies and I was in my dirtiest state, hair all messed up and I smell like KFC after a long day in school.
But what I can say, for the records is....
I would give an A to the Indian dude for
1) Effort
2) Persistence
3) Courage
Its ok if he failed the rest, at the age of 18 (he might be younger cause I recollected him saying he is in Sec Sch) he has all the time in the world to learn about courtship!!
What Could Have Been.... in useful 33 sec for a Dude in e Lift:
Man: Ma'am, do you have the time? (this actually gives the lady the hint despite bein a pick-up liner)
mYra: I dont have a watch.
Man: Actually, I have been noticing you since my LRT trip home. BTW, I am Ramu, and your name will be?
mYra: Mary Jane (giggles)
Man: Lovely name for you, but I bet your real name is better (smiles)
Man: Do you think we can meet up tom, are you scholling? working perhaps?
mYra: both
Man: excellent, I can take you to this nice humble place in Chinatown for dinner
mYra: i cant, I got a party Mon night ( i am lying)
Man: than lets take it on tuesday, ok with you.
mYra: cant got to peer tutoring (definately lying)
Man: Alright, I bet your thursday night not filled up yet, I will take you to catch a nice musical/ theather/ jamming band opening at the Esplanade, then we can have chocolate supper.
mYra: oops, my floor, catch you soon RAAMUU
Man: Wait up. ( still in the lift and holds the lift doors to speak) I didnt get your name but at least give me a hint you can do Thurs with me. Just casual chill out.
mYra: where and what time.
Man: I will pick you up under your block, thurs, 7: 30.
mYra: Goodnight.
Man: Goodnight sweet Mary Jane.. Lovely time meeting you.
mYra: Pleasure meeting you too.
That will sure get a date out of me, hands DOWN!! Ramu will be Peter Parker to me, whahahahah!!
Myra Abd Kadir~ at 01:39