Myra is ME

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I.O.

Fancy Prof Liang picking up my paper with 2 other papers and showing it to the class ;)

In I.O. class, there was a class activity which tested for short term memory. One of the question involved an IQ qn and I, with the other 2 people, got almost the correct answer. Hey Hey.... High IQ??!

I don think I am that smart to begin with, probably I was very smart, but my parent did not nurture the intelligence in me ;) Hahah, Loser's pride! Prof Liang added that, if you contribute a new discovery at over the age of 40, you maybe a nobel price winner, but, sorry, you can qualify for a prodigy. He added that highly intelligent individuals contribute discoveries at a tender age of below 30. My chance at being an intelligent being is getting slimer....

According to Prof Liang, there can never be an intelligent organization on earth because for that to take place, all humans have to be intelligent being. And when we interact we act as a single biological being. That begs the question:

"So why the hell are we studying this topic, if it will never have any relevance to the real world. This world is indeed not filled with many smart people. It there were many intelligent beings, we wouldnt have the Iraq war, caricature of the Prophet pbuh and the 2 WW"

Of course Myra is a cynic, a saddist, a pessimist....
I think, all I need now is to feel better bout the world, all this pain from listening to 9 o'clock news isnt worth it, especially when there is still so much of the world to explore. I have to tell Prof Liang that, I really think there is no point studying about intelligent organization because the world is most probably entering the Edge of Choas. Let me boast on what Edge of chaos means;

Edge of Chaos is the state of bounded instability, whereby a complex adaptive system (like our human organization) moves into chaos, this is where its computational ability is maximised and the complex system will experience the highest level of fitness and adaptibility. The edge of chaos is more of a space than an edge.

If you still don comprehend, I would gladly refer you to Prof Liang ;) cause I cant illustrate it in anyway...

But something queer bout Prof Liang is the fact that he usually springs out of context, by saying something totally unrelated. Like the part when he said,

" Why not marry the first guy you meet?"- and he was standing right infront of me.

You should have seen the contortion of my face. Deen saw it, go ask him. I think Prof heard what I said. If I can vaguely recall, I verbalised something like,

"How the hell?!"

But in my heart, I was actually saying,

"Shit, how did he know what I was thinking?"

Prof was trying to explain that girls with PHDs during his time found it hard to find a lifetime partner because most guys are not very educated. So he suggested the girls should just grab the first man they see and marry. However I still havent found out how he drifted to that topic. I think I like Prof Liang... Hahaha, marry the first man I see.. Hahaha. Thats scary... really...

Well, I got a strategy case to handout tomorrow, one more qn to go. I got an I.O. proj slide to complete. And now I am dreaming I was back in Exxon, doing real work....

D
A
R
N

I love you Mum and Dad, I love you Arif, Kanchis, Kon1 and Khairun. If it is not for you guys, I don know how to survive life ;)
I love you Lina, I love you Zahdan...
I love you Fuzz, I love you Deen....
I love you Jincheng, my jogging bud....
I love you Johnny, my phantom friend who knows which Indon song I love..
I love you Onie, my money plant living outside the house...
I love you teddy bear..
I love you colours, esp green and gold...

I love you God, for loving me...

Gd nite!

Myra Abd Kadir~ at 01:24

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com