Myra is ME

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

it doesnt matter...

I am sortta busy studyin the last chapter of I.B. when suddenly epiphany hits me in the head. I am wondering whether my 0830hr I.O. lesson had to do with it.. Cause 'revelation' or 'epiphany' usually hits when the frequency of the brain waves is between 1-13Hz, ie when the mind is calm. Thats the kind of stuff I learn in I.O. and I am gettin the hang of this abstract I.O. thing....

What I intended to blog about is the understanding of life and how to go about working life out. This concept has always been there in my mind, on a subconscious level. Something I cant really manifest into words.

Sometimes, what you were in the past doesnt matter. It doesnt matter if you were from a neighbourhood primary school which barely made it, it doesnt matter if you were the top 5% of the PSLE cohort who had a chance to take a 3rd language, it doesnt matter if both your parents were drug addicts their whole lives and a certainly doesnt matter if you are handicapped/ disabled in any way. It doesnt matter if all your friends are applying for jobs in their last semester and you ave not, it doesnt matter if your best friends are way cooler and better than you. These, so called, setbacks ( barriers/ hindrance) or on the flip side birthright (advantages) is temporal/ ephemeral. In no way, you should feel threatened/ demoralised or on the flip side, priviledged if you are endowed with advantages (e.g. riches, fame, good traits and qualities). Why I say that is because this world is transient, things are unpredictable, even if there is some form of global pattern. Butterfly effect is what academics term this phenomenon. This is the EDGE of CHAOS.... where all that matters is how each of us learn, adapt and evolve in order to survive. Maybe I should engage you with this exercise to facilitate the understanding of this, so called, life concept.

Have you ever felt clueless of what you should do to ace an interview, when the jobscope is so vague and generic??
Have you ever felt clueless of what you should do to get the dude of your dreams to look your way, and what will be the impact of your actions on him??
Have you ever felt vulnerable in the middle of the night, thinking of inevitable Death??
Have you ever disappointed when you were damn sure you did a good job in this essay but your lecturer screwed you with a C-?? And you wonder what the F&*k was wrong with your paper??
My point is there is no telling (no manual, no appendixes, no curve projection of life, no Bloomberg report of life, no credit spread over Treasury Benchmark Rate of the risks in life, no SOP, no Base Case) to life or the future of life. Whether life followed a pattern, or whether you will achieve a desired outcome even after you think, you have fulfilled all the criteria they told you to achieve. It makes life more of a 'chance' thing than an order/ pattern. Its how you make the best of the 'chance' you are faced with.

Yes, you may have been a bright girl in primary/ secondary school, but each time you lapse in academia, you get less competitive. The reason you lapse is because you lack competitiveness. Somewhere, somehow, you might have been overcomed by too many distractions in life.
Yes, you may have been permanently disabled due to a bike accident, but if you are able to fight the stigma of being disabled and continue striving for success, aka learn and adapt to your current disabled condition, you might just make it good in life. More than you thought you would, and more than what people expect of you.

These 2 examples highlight one point: What matters is not the current situation in which you are either blessed/ cursed with. What matters is the rate at which you learn from your surroundings, adapt to the new change and evolve to your desired outcome. That rate in which to strive to perform has to be continuously better. Which means, it has to have a constant marginal rate of performance, so that you do not slacken behind. This is to beat the constant inpredictable nature of life, and subsequently win the 'race'.

The secret is to constantly keep up. In I.O., we define these individuals as Intelligent Persons, whereby they are constantly mindful and aware of their surroundings. These being are also aware that there is a need to compete in order to survive, hence, these people are very competitive in nature. Till now, there are very very few beings which are described as intelligent, Isaac Newton was one of them.

But as for us, normal people, I just wanna say, don be demoralised if you are unpriviledge or don be too comfortable if you are priviledged. What matters is how you deal in that kind of situation in order to achieve the BEST results possible.

I love you Mum and Dad,
I love you Jude, my money plant, which I havent waterd for a week
I love you Lina for encouraging me to stay sane when times are at its worse
I ove you Claud for pointing my good points
I love you Nasri for gatherin the Kental People together, almost every week, cause I love the Clique
I love you Tracy for being my solace in school
I love you John for smsing me in the middle of the night, when things are not right
I love you Jean Francois for flying me in the imaginary world of Travel
I love you Deen and Fuzzy for bein the dudes I turn to when I am bored with Sch ;)

Myra Abd Kadir~ at 15:55

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com