Myra is ME

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mari Kita Rakyat Singapura...


Cliched start to yet a normal day in Myra's World. Still a bulk more to go before I complete my bit of the Corp Finance Project. 2-man team. Quite ambitious.. And I probably am regretting it.. I had to spend my National Holiday in door and not fun outside, displaying my patriotism for my nation, and not at my granddad's home where I promised my family I would be. Its self-inflicted though...

I just watched the 7:30pm news on RTM 1 and I was tickled by the way Malaysian politics work, as much as I am with Singapore politics actually.. Haha. Dr. M just cant seem to let it go and P. Lah has to build on his public image and personality so Dr. M wont bully him, no more. Malaysia also have problems getting its citizens to register for votes.. so much so they had to send a large convoy to reach approx 4 million of their eligible voters, peninsula wide. One of the officer actually said the Malaysians were lazy people who do not reregister their address once they move into a new house. I was shocked for an officer to use such a remark on his people!! I think, its just logical not to put the blame on the majority, when the government in not making it easy for the people to register their new address. 2 cents worth. Last tickling news was that of 3 robber in Penang Island who ripped off an ATM machine only to find out, they took the check-deposit box instead!! Wahahahaha... That is just silly :p

But you know what, I might just find work in Malaysia ;) I have this great feeling about KL.


Back to National Day... My family didnt hang out the flag this time round. I think we lost it to the mess in our storeroom. RIght now, RTM 1 is still blaring in the hallroom. I dont wanna switch to Channel 5 cause I still find it hard to view the National Day Parade. The uninvited old memories just floods back whenever I do. So when I reach the part where Mr. President is going to inspect the GOH/ Parade, I will turn the tele off and go straight to the kitchen to find a cloud that I can wonder about. I usually smell flowers, take pictures of cats, feel the leaves and listen to the birds my neighbour has whenever bad memories come to haunt my soul. Nature never failed to save me in times like this. But one thing I do like about National Day is the hope I get that things will be fine...

And when I knew the fireworks would come by, I quickly snuggle in my bed, under my blanket, because I wont wanna be happy watching the fireworks because, its only ephmeral pleasure. I usually plunged into sadness once it done and I absolutely LOATHE that. I sort of enjoy this feeling of desolation and detachment from the world. It makes me more impartial and confident of myself cause the difficulties of communicating with the world is erased. And its timely because I darn hell need to concerntrate of this proj as well as the exams. Furthermore, I have been keeping up late nights thinking bout my career. I have yet to file for graduation ;p But now, all i need is for someone who knows career management to strike a conversation with me.. But i dont know of anyone well-experienced. Sad ey?

Well I need to get back to the real world now. oh bother... Hahaha, no... I love life as long as nature is a part of me :)

Myra Abd Kadir~ at 19:43

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com