Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Work gets done this way...
I recalled Mr. Pushpam, my ex-history teacher for Sec 3 & 4, Dunman Sec Sch quizzing us bout this horrible word (of course, on days where history was too boring for us to appreciate) which started with P************. I wonder why he had so much confident we, Sec 3 students, could guess the loooooooooooog 13-alphabet word correctly. He started the guessing game with such suspense.. fear.. danger...hopelessness.. inevitability and lastly, ended it with a sublime tragedy (because NO one guessed the word correctly, to (only) his surprise). The word he was looking for was
P.R.O.C.R.A.S.T.I.N.A.T.E
You guys should have been around to see the pupils from Sec 3B, they were gaping with wilderment; partly because they learnt a long, sophisticated word and partly (in disbelief) because Pushpam actually believed we could answer the word correctly when they have never heard that word ever in their15 yrs of life! (for the records, my mouth was gaping wide... What a long word!) So I told my-perfect-self I won't ever proscratinate.. ever.. cause I have never (yea-right) procrastinate in my last 15 yrs of my life. Which is actually true because before I hit JC life, I was the examplary student. Fantastic grades, good conduct and a good band member.. all throughout my primary and secondary school days....! I was Purrr-FECT and everyone knows that. Until of course when I came to TJC and I thought I was smart... BUT.. I was so wrong... Dats another story for another great day ;)
Back to the 'PROCRASTINATE' word.
Today, I recap that very day.. just this morning.. when I was setting off to Ser Keng's class. I lamented in the NEL train, how Ser Keng wanted to take off mid term quiz, I lamented the fact that I lost him in class during Chpt 4 on Valuation, I lamented why I hadnt finish my internship report right after my stint @ Exxon, I lamented why I hadnt finish filing for graduation when the deadline is approaching FAST and lasted, I lamented why I always lament/ whine every freaking second when the crunch-time came. I was always the bright one in the family, the hardworking bee, who'ld rather do homework than chill-out with friends on a friday night and I was always the one ahead of my fellow students. And then, this word flashed in front of me, in bright noen colours... marquee STYLE
P.R.O.C.R.A.S.T.I.N.A.T.O.R
intransitive verb : to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done
So dats why I screw up Uni life... I couldnt focus and I keep delaying my revisions till 1 week before the papers. And of course, I'd rather hangout on friday, saturday and sunday nights.
Bling bling bling!!
Major screw up really... took me this long to realise and of course its already too late ;P I will graduate next month. My GPA really sucks and of course, that brought my morale down down down. If only I was more determined, more focused and more tact. I could be more Myra (the Nerd)... Che Sara Sara...
At least I will work twice harder from where I am.. Oh yes, can somebody please make me feel better. I quit doing that 2 yeasr ago.
Myra Abd Kadir~ at 19:55