Friday, September 22, 2006
"what did you say?"
I don't blame you guys for being the Mat you are.. But being a delivery guy doesn't warrant you to stand with your other Mat friends and bitch bout Minahs who wear office attire. Its too bad for you that you couldnt enjoy the air-con and the semi-furnished pantry. Don't take it on innocent girls who are just making a decent living. Yes, I am a Malay, who happens to dress up for work, who happens to be more-educated than you, who happens to be taller with my 3-inch heels, who also does not dress like how you want
your typical Minahs to be and who also unfortunately speaks more english than you but that doesn't give you the right to impose your darn remarks, in front of your rugged Mat friends bout your taste in girls. Who on earth wants to be under your good books of
MINAHS in the first place?
I have nothing against Mats. I know nice Mats who are not very
atas and nice Mats who are quite
atas. I happen admire fellow Mats for their manners, cordial and respectful ways but this particulat shitty Mat deserve a 'bad day' curse from me. This is how it happens?
It was suppose to be great day, and I alighted from the feeder bus to reach the building, across the road. I noticed a bunch of Mats slacking at the entrance of the cargo gate. There are many cargo malay guys doing logistics in this area. And I knew they certaintly noticed me, cause, obviously, I am one of their kind. Malays. Typically, when I see a bunch of malay dudes, I look down cause I dont know why.. but I am quite shy of Malay guys. I was with my office top and business pants. I had my business jacket on because my office top was sleeveless. My hair was gelled sleek. I had to look corporate because I am working under the Asia Pac side.
I walked casually into the security beside the cargo gate, to appear discreet
konon-konon.. You girls know right, the kind of cargo area, its male dominated and there are very few ladies around. You dont want to have a sign on your forehead saying, "Look guys, I am the only girl around the block."
I was calm and slow, I look at anything below my eye level and pretended, I am no office bitch. And the reverse happened!
" Tak favourite siak, aku, prompuan gini", one of the Matt said in a perfectly clear tone. I was shocked beyond belief, I was the only one who walked passed them at that time, and there is no way in heaven, I could have heard that wrong.
Traslation:" This kind of girl, not my favourite type""Sial-lah, siapa nak jadi prompuan engkau?" I said back, as I handed the security my pass. I am sorry you guys, I dont usually use profanitites, but my heart ached when someone whom I really think of my equal said that to me. Here I am trying to erase my bad vibes bout Mats and there he is judging me.
Translation,"(malay slur), who wants to become your girl?" I didnt hear what the rest of the Mats have to say bout his comments but if they agree to it. Thats plain descrimination. What goes around comes around ..
Myra Abd Kadir~ at 10:32