Myra is ME

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ms Myra Says Gooooooood Morning!

The clock ticked quite fast these days, and I sincerely apologise to myself (first & foremost) and to a small number of people who actually read my blog lately, of my semi-dormant state ;) There have been too many fun things happening lately and I cant stop living life to its limit! An Allegory: I am like the NEL, who refuses to re-open its doors to people who rush into the carriage, in the nick of time, and slam its door shut as it continues its speedy way to HarbourFront station. Get the idea?? (not that I did it on purpose)

My last entry was quite a shocker wasn't it? Not to worry, I am quite sure the person whom the poem was written for, have no clue of my blog. Cause if he does, he'll know what to do :)

Recently the news got me boggling: Changes to Civil Service Salaries annouce on 9 April and the GST rise on the 1 July. Workfare bonus, which is measly may I add, is released on the 1 May. Those have to be related right? I might just feel the sqeeze, being in the private sector, though I dont have car/ house loans to pay for. The problem is we might just be the one who get hurt most. But of course.. the middle income earners. Whats in for us? Apart from the meagre workfare bonus and housing relief. wth. My family, now with me earning, will no longer be eligible for for financial aid/ bursary awards. We still have 4 kids in school and my parents are certainly ageing faster, with years work putting our family together. Singapore, or more precisely, the Government is squeezing every bit from its people ( and every bit of its other resources, that goes without saying). Nevermind the work oppurtunities, nevermind the cultural immersion programs, the investment pumped into certain industries, the hu-ha about being the Edu-hub, Techno-hub, Investment-hub whatever hub... What bout quality life? I can just imagine, naturalised kiasu Singaporeans like myself, slogging a 7-day week to earn extra cash for a short vacation, subcription to Economist, treat Mum and Dad dinner, watch a play I have always been waiting for. Are we suppose to forsake that? Because my 7-day, unbalanced life, I would reckon I will be single for a looooong time ;) So whats the use of ur 'generous' baby bonus? This is not a threat, but I somehow feel at the rate this is going, Singapore might suffer brain drain, not only in its Civil sector, but its private sector because people here will sooner or later seek for quality life which is not entirely tied to materialism. We cant really find it here due to fast pace of life, and lack of space too. Hence it might loose its Singaporean identity and spirit too. Thats just my humble prognosis. Its rather stifling, dont you think?

On the brighter side of life, let me update you on the ongoings of my simple life :

January:
Wasnt too much fun because I had to work on New Years. Still focusing on getting a permanent job while juggling weekend jobs. Monitoring my social life by getting friends to have dinner on my free slots. Family is good though there are ups and down. Attended Mendaki Tea Party where I get a chance to voice my opinion to the Minister about opportunities in MiddleEast. Something about a job portal. That went well and I get to meet the SMU Makkals!










Febuary:
It began with Lina's birthday chalet. Zahdan became the Udang Man cause he was silly enough to attach Lina when she was armed with prawn juice in the BBQ pan. Robert Diloreto, Kaisah's Aussie friend came for a 2 week's stay and we accompanied them to KL. Boy was is short and sweet and Fun. Went for P&G and Maersk evaluation tests. Watched the fireworks for CNY and it was great! I organised a Pedicure outing with the fabulous gals, Shidah, Noraidah and Vivin. I love them too :) Aiesec interview which I aced, but too bad the $300 registration fee was a turn-off. Oh yea, I have been keeping a journal of my dreams lately. No, not daydreams, night dreams. Its interesting to try and recollect dreams. And its merely the selective memory working. Cooool..!


March:
Mearsk and MOE interview were on the platter. Mearsk called for a 3rd test, which sounded promising and MOE sent a medical check-up form. However DHL caught me in a good mood, so I went for it. Today is the signing day :) Visit Gerald and Rosalind at EM, went to Arqam to help Hassan with his Corporate Comms ideas. An I certainly found company for Zahara's wedding and other outings with Simon around. I like his presence. Donated 450ml of my blood to charity and I was glad that my iron level is still acceptable. My corpuscle of blood sank to the bottom of the copper sulphate solution. Sunny finally paid $110 for my previous stint. Went for St James Powerstation with Simon which was super fun. Ming and Danny became staples, which is really good! Currently, I am waiting to go for Starry2 Nite this friday! Yea!

Life is good, and I am not complaining :) Oh yes, I have one complain though. I cant sleep very well @ night.. Wonder why..

Luv,
Myra

Myra Abd Kadir~ at 11:03

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com