Sunday, April 08, 2007
1st Week of Formal Work
This week looks not to bad, though the best times were the weekends, thanks to Good Friday :)
Monday started off in a good note, revamping the Budget File and added the last touches. Abit more investment scenario planning for Brian, though I wish I can help more since he has to prepare for a really big presentation the week after. Called IT Helpdesk to ask if there is anything to do to speed up the machine. My lappie has been dying for a few months now. Hoping to get a new one the week after next! Yipeee! What name should I give the new one? Met up with Erlina at PS for dinner. I had lovely chicken fillet and fries while she has baked mushroom and salmon rice. We went for a delightful coffee session talking about life and cons of being a Malay. She mentioned something about learning Mandarin, and I say why not? She is doing pretty well lately so thats good news I guess.
Tuesday was not to bad, though JT was suppose to meet for lunch. In the end, I relented to some delicious chicken sandwhich from Delifrance and wholesome fruit tartlets. Umm Yum... :) I was lamenting the fact that I cant have any plans tonight cause I have tuition. Darn. But tuition was fun nonetheless. Hairi has gotten the hang of triangles! Trigo, Sin/ Cosine rule and Pythagoras Theorem ans stuff. YEA! But his Maths teacher is one lazy B%^&rd.
Wednesday, not too much to do @ work, as I was complaining to Simon via SMS. Took a pic of my desk after he sent the pic of his desk with e Lucky Bamboo on it. Sweet of him to keep it there. I coordinated a lunch meet for JT and Wei Shan so the 3 of us met and we had lovely Nasi Penyet opp. Shaw Tower. I had Beef Penyet, JT had cat fish penyet and Wei Shan had gado-gado. Nice time to catch up with old times and of course, whine about work. Though I was telling them how I like work and life to be balance. I felt good that Wednesday cause I can plans for that night! Johnny and I caught Shooter that night, and it was not too bad, though I was pissed that it was not 300. I reallllllly wanna catch that show! John, next time, I BUY the tics! Aiyaiyai.... I might as well catch it on my own next week @ Shaw, after work. Oh yes, Johnny Boy has a smashing phone (of course, he shows it off ), he does alot of research for cheaper wi-fi and also found a way to get phone for cheaper. Cool ey? I had fish and chips, and he had mutton chops and rice with vege that he doesnt eat in the end.
Thurs was good cause it felt like a Friday!! Yea! Work was good, though I was having serious problems with the speed of the computer. I needed to finish something for dear Brian, and the lappie hung, seemingly on purpose! Wicked ey? IT dude came up, and I was surprise at his skills in breaking ice. Not bad at all, though I didnt get it at the first place ;) Without noticing, it was almost knocking off time! We trio-ed our way home and my mum and I cooked dinner on the portable cooker. We ate sambal prawns and lemak nangka with kailan vege. Ummm.. Topped off with juicy mangoes Aunty Lin brought from Philippines. It was a relaxing evening to usher in the public holiday. We went to Mc D to get Arif his apple pie and I got myself vanilla ice cream.
Friday, morning shift @ SVC. Yea, I was working on a public holiday! But it was not too bad. Sujata came in that morning to pack things properly since the renovation just ended. Work was quite quiet and the place smells horrible after new carpets were installed. Beth signed in and the time passed more quickly. After work ended, I met up with Sangeetha for an insurance overview. Whoa, she looks way better than before, and I realised why later in the meeting!
It was lovely! Cold starts were great, especially the lovely lovely prawns! I had four and those were hyper sweet. Black pepper crabs were so so, but the pumpkin soup really did the trick after my tummy came close to full. Beef was good but a lil too rare for my liking but but but the mutton was exceptionally GOOOOOD. I am surprised that the smell wasnt as bad as I anticipated. The most delightful of all was desserts, oh man, I was gone, really gone. Nothing around me mattered anymore as I voraciously devour those sweet things they place in tiny cups. Ummm cakes and ice-creams and chocolate fondue. Oh gosh, I was really gone! Hahah, pleasant way to close the evening. Ran back to get the bag and bike from SVC, while Gaffar waited. I explained to Danny, all I want is to look at pictures and no words. He got me a book on 2 dudes who did touring on monstrous BMWs bikes to London, lasting for at least 3months. Its a pity I didnt notice the title of the book! After bidding farewell to Danny, I went to the carpark to get my bike.
Saturday, Claud asked for coffee that morning and so did Vivin. Delightful, I love invites!! And of course, I love to see them too and see how life is. Hmm, but I know, they need to talk about stuff. Claud did a raincheck cause she was having bad sneezes and claimed she cant see me looking like a lion, in which I casually reply, " I dont mind, cause I look like a scarecrow ;)". Later that evening Gerald came over!! I was shocked beyond belief. I instantly got out of my seat and greeted him with my largest, most generous smile, despite the braces! Hahah, what a pleasant surprise! Beth was wondering that this was indeed a funny and surprising occasion. Father and son visiting Myra @ the counter on the same day. Haha! But it was really nice to afford a chat with Mr Turcotte. He wished me well ;) and I was really thankful of him coming and saying hello. I had to ask Vivin to drive up here cause I certainly cant ride down to Tampines in the downpour. We had dinner opposite Cuppage Road and later; for coffee and tea flavoured Raspberry and Mango with orange flaboured muffin at Starbucks. (Wow, that was indeed long line!) We had a great chat about our careers and underserving blokes, and those who do deserves sweet chics like us. Guy problems are irritatingly BAD for health, cause we can only settle it quickly over sweets and creams! Hope things get better for Ms Vivin.
And Sunday.. I realised its bad to take full shift on this day. Although the center is not too busy, it is hyper boring sitting is orange lighting with faded music in the backgroud and raindrops on the roof. I am thinking of motor racing today, in which I obviously cant catch. Despite the gloom and doom, I am pretty happy I have more sales than I typically expect on a dreary Sunday. Tomorrow is another day I await, and I hope the week will be as fun as this.
This is quite a long and elobourated narrative, I know that I lost some of the readers early in this entry. But I meant all the words I say and that, I am just so glad and thankful that things are going better than it was. Now I am gonna plan for next week!
Luv,
Ms MyraNova
Myra Abd Kadir~ at 12:35