Myra is ME

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

2nd Formal Week of Work ;)

Monday was pay-day, so that was good, cause I had sometime to plan out my finances. At work, the numbers havent come in, so thats good news :) I was really thinking of floating some of my accounts so that none is $500 or less. Are u guys aware that they freakingly deduct $2 each darn month, if you leave your account below $500 mark! So imagine those peeps who left their account for yrs and yrs and yrs, without depositing it. They practically use up the cash inside. Wow, $2 each mth is no joke, at least to me. Later the evening, I chilled with Ming and accompany her to Raffles Clinic in Tampines. We chatted over dinner, discussing how life would be when she leaves for Switzerland. I told her, it will be full of challenges and I know she will overcome it well :)
Tuesday was a little uncalled for. In the morning, the usual stomach cramps began to bug me. While riding to work, I knew, its gonna hurt real bad for the rest of the day. I took it well from the time I stepped in office. I gracefully glided into my seat while controlling the painful cramps. Just what could it be? Its not menstrual cramps cause I sure know how to tell the difference. It was just something moving in the intestines. Rosy was telling me not to wait the lunch time to go, if I am in pain. I was half dead when I walked myself to Raffles Hospital, it was utterly painful, I thought I was going to die and that the intestines will expand and expand and burst my stomach open. I was panting, and the Dr. said,' We cant leave you in such pain, you are going to Emergency'. I really couldnt think anymore, cause I knew I was in La-la Land then.. 1 shot of painkillers didnt do the trick and I was still squirming in pain, 2nd shot, sent me zonked out. And this nurse person was being such a pain with the registeration shit (cause they were admitting me for a night). It went something like this.
N: Ah miss ah, sorry hor, since u come alone I got to ask you questions about the admittance, which class you want ah? This is the price range.
M: i didnt get to answer...
N: And, you got Medisave or not? You working where ah? Aiyoh, sorry hor
M: groaning in fr&*king pain..
N: Eh you ok or not? Ok ok, you look here, sign this one ok? For medisave. You take four bed one ah. This good.
M: OK, four-one looks good, got medisave, can claim from company (groans)
At that point of time, they were setting up the 'moving' bed, sent this nice Indian pak cik (translated as uncle) to whizz me to the CT scan room. He never let me out of his sight! Nice pak cik ;) Scanning was another freaky experience all together... I nearly cried cause I was freaking alone in the room, they told me not to open my eyes, not to move, not to breathe... And the noise from the machine... oh man, I wished my mum was there with me... After the scan, I couldnt remember anything, except the time I was told to change to hospital clothes. Called everyone at home, and guess what.... NO ANS. I sms-ed Khairun, and the news spread like fire.. First to come was my Dad, in the rain.., next up Khairun from school, Rosy from office with a basket of flowers and fruits from the office, Mum and Kaisah... and last but not least, Mr. Simon with the most beautiful bouquet of sunflower, he patiently sought for. (there is another story to that, which my mum would narrate better)... On such quick notice, I am really impressed. I didnt tell him bout it, so I am guessing Ming might have leaked the info when I smsed her earlier about how coincidental I was just accompanying her to Raffles Clinic yesterday and TODAY, I am in Raffles HOSPITAL! I told Nasri and ZA about me being in the hospital, but to my surprise, they didnt know I was admitted IN the hospital, until the next day. Its cool btw, that news spread like fire. I recalled telling :
  1. Khairun


  2. Rosy


  3. Ming


  4. Nasri


  5. Zahdan
And the news reached the corners of the office, reached Fik who was in NYC at that time, reached the entire KRG network, reached the Sengkang relatives... My tuition kid'd family also found out...! It was like BOMB!
Nice timing! We chatted and chatted till the nurse had to remind me to keep my volume down.. At the stroke of midnite, I put the phone down with John. I had the TV on and watched Cold Case.. ahhh, the pain was still ringing in my head. And I also remembered I couldnt sleep that well, because this woman, in the same ward, snored sooooo LOUDLY!Hahaha, I told you, Tuesday was uncalled for.






Wednesday I rested the entire day at home, eating medicine, reading, drawing stuff...Playing with my phone and recording videos etc. Oh yes, my mum got this cute cat stuffed toy, which I named, intuitively, Fat Cat!



Thursday, went to NSC for checkup again, boy I hate that place. Picked up bike from office and surprised that it rained heavily, just as soon as I stepped safely at home. Phew, lucky me! Had tuition that night.

Back at work on Friday, and straight to SVC to cover Elizabeth.

Saturday, I woke up early for braces tightening @ Alexander's. Whoa.. Sun Way might have won the bet ;)


Sunday is fun too, if Zahdan hasnt screw it up by being 2 hrs behind schedule! Its just us and the sun and the beach. Palm trees and peahens.... Rohaidah came with her 4 soccer friends. We had the mat sprawled out, and food on stand-by, photo-session commenced and the rest was magic. A damn slow, lazy sunday.... We went for a swim, actually 2 swims. Listened to Raggae music on ZA's hp and called it a day round 6. Went to Seah Im for Bakso and off to Pasir Ris for Lina's Mother's chalet. Played at the kids playground in Costa Sands, chatted under the stars with Lin's twin cousins. Setting for perfect.... Then, I really really called it a day at 2330hr. Cabbed home and ponder about the yet exciting 2nd week of formal work...

~Sweet Life.. (Hidayat, Lin's newphew)



Luv,

Ms MyraNova

Myra Abd Kadir~ at 23:18

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com