Myra is ME

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Passing Out Parade~

Here I am sitting in my humble bomb-shelter of a room, thinking about my mum's essay. She needs to write a 500-word essay to enrol herself in baking class run by WDA. My mum is my heroine. She is Simply Amazing; at her age of 52 has gotten herself a driver's license at the age of 50, and now going for her first diploma in baking! Dear God, I will be so happy if you give me half of her patience and determination.

I had to stay home today, cause I had a bad case of giddiness yesterday. 1st day of Ramadhan. I was in the packed NEL train headed for Dhoby Ghaut and I began to see small black dots. The small dots began playfully filling the roof of the train cabin, it got heavily pregnant and gave birth to even more little dots, which became bigger turned to spots. By now, my body grew clammy and I begin to be a lil breathless. In my head, I kepy saying, " Oxygen and space, I need oxygen and space....". I begin to look around, and I realised I cant recognise anyone because, the spots are covering the people too. Oh crap, its happening again. I made my swaying way, out of the train. I am lucky the train headed to Punggol was coming in. With the little energy I had in me, I slumped myself on the seat and rest my head by the glass. I closed my eyes, and by now, the spots over my vision. I got my oxygen and I got my space, and I felt better. Fik told me once, if I passed out, I need my ECG taken so I waddled by way into the Polyclinic. I wasnt sure whether the private clinics has the equipments. I had an express service by knocking onto room 14. My blood pressure was at an all time low, I needed the hospital. I was put on a drip and shipped to Khoo Teck What. Oh My Goooodness, I am thinking of God, my mum and dad and J-Se.

I hate hospitals, I hate feeling weak on the stretcher like I am totally incapacitated, whats worse the entire polyclinic saw me being wheeled into the ambulance. I told the Poly doctor, there is no real need to go to the hospital, I patiently explained in my sad, disoriented state that, I have had this before, and all I needed my ECG results, to outrule, heart attack and stroke. I wish Fik was there to fight off this dragon lady, the perks of having your best friend as a Dr ;) So there I was getting my blood pressure taken every other minute, and being poke many times to get my blood sugar reading. Boring boring boring, though I was amused by Dr Das, he ran around the A&E like he owns the place, and he spoke 4 different languages. I dont like him cause he was this smug chap, who knows everyone knows he is THAT good. He only took cases which were really serious, leaving the rest to his lady colleague, my gracious Dr. Miss Nandita. I admire the confidence, but cockiness is simply 'passe'. Why cant confidence be paired with humility?

AND so, here I am on a reclined chair, receiving my 1 litre drip of sodium chloride. THIS is where I broke my fast on the FIRST day of Ramadhan. Bravo Myra :X I felt better after the drip, ( which the Poly could just have provided me, instead of sending me all the way to Yishun). They did another sugar to blood test, and its still low, thanks to my super high metabolic rate ;) At least I know my body is healthy, I just have to eat more often. As for fasting, I have to take it like a child, half day at a time :) God is great and I think He understands my state, more than the Drs and nurses.

My advice to people who feels faint in crowded places:



Well, I am still doing fine fasting today past 1304hrs, I am at home working on packing my stuff for Lagos. New adventures beacon :)

Labels: , ,

Myra Abd Kadir~ at 12:15

Comments:
AND eat meals every 3 hours!
 
Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com